We support importing a single page from a visio Xml Drawing (.vdx) or a .vsdx (Gliffy Online, Gliffy for Confluence v6.7 and Gliffy for JIRA v4.5 and above) file. If a symbol imports as a failed shape (a red box), the symbol is currently not supported. You may notice minor differences between the symbol in Visio and how it looks in Gliffy. All Visio shapes are currently imported as images with the exception of some simple lines.
- The file must be exported directly from Visio.
- Read-Only files will not import. You must save from Visio without the Read-Only restriction.
- Blank pages will not import (remove blank page first).
- Importing multiple worksheets is not supported. Separate your tabs/worksheets first then import individually.
- Importing binary Visio files (*.vsd) is not supported.
- Lines connected to some shapes may pop into a different position when the shape moves.
- User cannot adjust the line width, line color, fill color, gradient, or drop shadow.
- Rotated shapes may have jagged lines.
- Sometimes lines may import as shapes. When this happens, you will not be able to attach the imported line to another shape.
- Paragraph formatting or tab formatting for text is not supported.
- Only fonts available in Gliffy are supported. All other fonts will default to Helvetica or Arial.
- Shapes with shadows or gradients may cause file to not import
By Diagram Type
This is a summary of issues that may affect an entire class of diagrams. Priority will not be given on this as these are typically a sum of the issues bellow.
ERDs in Visio rely heavily on text formatting that Gliffy does not support. We do not recommend importing ERD diagrams yet.